miércoles, 21 de agosto de 2019

In your opinion, who is the greatest Chilean of all time?

Today I will write about Elena Caffarena. I don't think she is the person I admire the most but certainly lots. 
She was born in Iquique in 1903 and died at 100 in July 2003. Her family moved to Santiago when she was a teenager and they started a socks and tights company in the area of Recoleta. She was an active worker but when she finished secondary school in Liceo N4 in Recoleta, she joined the law faculty at Universidad de Chile. She became part of the workshops for people with fewer opportunities and resources. She was part of the students’ union in 1922 and turned into a student leader. She became a lawyer in 1926 and travelled to Europe to do a postgraduate degree. However, she decided to enjoy the arts there. In Europe, she got to know Gabriela Mistral and they became very good friends. She got back to Chile in 1929 and very aware of what was happening in England with the “suffragettes, she founded the first movement for the economic, political and biological emancipation of women in Chile. As a lawyer, she always fought and defended the interest of women.
She married a  lawyer and had two boys and a girl.
I think all she did was and is important, especially considering the position she was in and the times she lived at.

If I had the chance to meet her, I would ask her if she feels that women’s rights in Chile and the world are what she forecast for this century. 

Say:
Who it is,

What he/she did,

Why this person's deeds are important,

What question you would like to ask this person if you met them.

Mention anything else you think is important.
Write a minimum of 220 words and 3 comments

5 comentarios:

  1. Do you think that Condorito is a great character from Chile?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I really admire her too! I learned about her history in high school, it made me feel really happy for the rights we have as women now, inspires me to keep asking for the ones we haven't reach yet.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. How interesting, i didn't know this woman, it's good to know that women left their mark.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Definitely she is an admirable woman

    ResponderEliminar
  5. She was a powerful woman, I feel very grateful for her actions

    ResponderEliminar

celebration

Hello bloggers, I Hope you are very well. Today we will write about a special celebration. I remember one in particular for New Year’s ...