miércoles, 2 de octubre de 2019

celebration

Hello bloggers,
I Hope you are very well. Today we will write about a special celebration.
I remember one in particular for New Year’s Eve in 2005. My husband’s brother visited us with his girlfriend and a couple of friends. They were going to travel to San Juan, in Argentina, for New Year’s Eve.  The Argentinian friend, Andrea, said to us on the 30, “why don’t you come with us?”
So there we went. We stayed at Andrea’s house in San Juan. Her family were really nice and we felt really welcomed. When the 31 first came, we got to this party were there were around 100 people. It was an open area full of tables under the stars. All the people were really friendly to these people who they did not know. We laughed a lot, danced, and drank champagne with a bunch of strangers who were nice to us. It is funny how we can connect with people and it is all about the energy we all project.
 When it came to dinner time, the starter for every person was “half a chicken”, yes, “half a chicken per person. I couldn’t believe it.  When we said we did not eat meat, they said, don’t worry and they brought us a whole huge fish. I am not sure which fish this was but it was gigantic.
It makes me think how Argentinians can eat. Wow, it was amazing.
What about you?
Write about a special celebration big or small that you can remember. The point is that it is special for you.
When was it?
Where was it?
What was special about it?
Mention anything else you find relevant. Write a minimum of 220 words, write a comment on this blog and a comment on the blogs of 2 other 

17 comentarios:

  1. Too bad the inconvenience with the fish, but they also had an excellent time!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Wow half chicken per person is a lot, when i traveled to argentina i went to a restaurant and they give me the biggest piece of meat that i never seen before! it was amazing!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I did not expect that Argentinians eated that much, is a lot. I would like to go to a party like that some day, sounds so fun.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Oh no half a chicken is too much for me. I've only been to Argentina once and I only remember the french fries portion... I was also huge. Didn't know at that time if I was being picky or if they served a lot more than us. Now I know!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Wow, they ate a lot. I would love to spend new year's eve in Argentina, it sounds amazing (except the fish inconvenient)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I love New Year eve, is a great celebrtion, I would like to pass it in other country like you

    ResponderEliminar
  8. it's really nice that you could talk with strangers so openly, it's a bit difficult for me to do that but I guess that in that type of situacion is more easily

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Wow, I really love the food from Argentina, the thing is that they put meat on almost everything, they should try to change that but its a little bit difficult because that is in their culture.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. I went to Argentina when I was 2 years old so I don’t really remember anything but sounds fun even though they eat a lot

    ResponderEliminar
  11. It´s nice that you had the opportunity to went there. I would like to know about other ways to celebrate new years eve.

    ResponderEliminar
  12. I love new year's celebration, all the people are very happy

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Those people knows how to party! San Juan it's such a beautiful place

    ResponderEliminar
  14. It sound like a very nice experience. But isn't fish meat too?

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Improvised travels are the best, things are better when aren't planned

    ResponderEliminar

  16. What a great party, it feels good that they thought of the guests and had other food options

    ResponderEliminar

celebration

Hello bloggers, I Hope you are very well. Today we will write about a special celebration. I remember one in particular for New Year’s ...